12 Monumental Months in Redefining “HIE”
Healthcare has seen some tremendous change in the last twelve months with advancements in precision medicine, healthcare disparities, alternative payment models and Ninjas. Yes, Ninjas . . .
2019 was a historic year for KPI Ninja’s pursuit of disrupting the healthcare system by redefining what is possible when Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) become aligned to population health and value-based care. We feel one of our greatest accomplishments this year was cheering on as the Nebraska Health Information Initiative won the 2019 SHIEC Quality Award.
With humble beginnings as little more than a laptop and a technical reference of value sets, our dreams of yesterday have turned into the life we live today . . . and it rocks! The reality is, this has been, hands down, our most exciting year yet and it wouldn’t have been possible without you!
To earn your trust, we announced these company successes . . .
- Earned NCQA’s certifications, eMeasure Certification, & PCMH Prevalidation.
- Played a direct role in supporting the 1st HIE to earn NCQA eMeasure Certification.
- Achieved Amazon Web Services Partner Network (APN) Select Tier Partner Status.
To improve healthcare, we shared the power of population health analytics . . .
- The Role of Health Information Exchange in Population Health: A Case Study Supporting a Rural Critical Access Hospital around MIPS Initiative
- NEHII + KPI Ninja: Building a High-Performance Integrated Population Health Infrastructure
- Health Information Exchange Reduces Quality Reporting Burden in Low-Resource Rural Hospitals
To support the broader HIE community, we . . .
- Hosted webinars, like SHIEC’s NEHII & KPI Ninja: Building a High-Performance Integrated Population Health Infrastructure
- Presented twice at the 2019 SHIEC Annual Conference for communicating “The Critical Role of HIEs in Population Health” and “The NEHII Roadmap: Delivering on a Quality Data Strategy, Analytics and Reporting Services”
- Initiated an educational series titled, “HIE Population Health Toolbox”, to explain how HIEs are positioned to support the transition to value-based care and population health. Published one-pagers on: MIPS, PCMH, CPC+, to name a few.
To meet your needs, we evolved our product with your demands . . .
- Organizational Statistics: An internal facing application that helps you understand the current state of your data to drive improvements with engagement, data quality and data completeness.
- Data Explorer: Supports your data quality improvements by profiling, assessing, cleansing and enriching the data.
- MBQIP: Reduce the reporting burden and enable quality improvements for rural hospitals participating in Medicare Beneficiary Quality Improvement Program.
- Health Intelligence: Integrated KPI Ninja’s predictive analytics models as well as Johns Hopkins ACG risk stratification to support various population health initiatives.
- QPP App: Supporting Qualified Registries (QRs) and Qualified Clinical Data Registries (QCDRs) around submission of data directly to CMS through API integrations with CMS.
Phew. How did we get here? While some of it we planned, so much of it happened organically as we worked hard to meet your needs. We are excited that our 2020 roadmap focuses our strategy on supporting HIEs to be THE solution to some of our nation’s most challenging healthcare problems in more robust ways.
Sound daunting? Don’t worry – We have your back! We continue to hold ourselves to our commitment of delivering the highest quality technology and service to assure we put information in the hands of clinicians to drive better care at the bedside. Some of the exciting things that you have told us is the need to maximize unstructured electronic health data, support non-traditional care settings and provide predictive insights. We have listened and are excited to continue doing what we love by taking bold steps in these areas!
From all of us here at KPI Ninja, best wishes for a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year!
About KPI Ninja
KPI Ninja is a data analytics company that helps healthcare organizations accelerate their quality, safety, and financial goals with a unique combination of software and service. We are differentiated by our signature mix of technology, performance management consulting and healthcare expertise. We don’t merely offer software solutions but work shoulder to shoulder with clients to help them draw on the power of analytics and continuous improvement methodologies to become more efficient. In harmony with our data-centered ethos, we truly believe that our success is strongly co-related with yours.
About the Author
Director of Quality Programs at KPI Ninja, Inc.
Renee provides operational leadership of quality initiatives at KPI Ninja. Towne has a background in occupational therapy, education and experience in operational excellence across a variety of healthcare domains. Based on prior experience as a clinician that drove outcomes patient by patient, she is leaving a larger footprint by improving health care more comprehensively, population by population.